Sunday, May 6, 2012

Lonza Cotta


Austin and I are regulars at the Showground Farmer's Market and we visit San Jose smallgoods each week for various delicious artisan cured meats.  Usually, it is proscuitto to top our pizza, but today we purchased a piece of Lonza Cotta - described as being 'Hellenic spiced'.  The stallholder informs me that it is made for George on Masterchef for his restaurant.  Austin asked me 'whose that?'.  We aren't avid Masterchef viewers, but the sample provided by San Jose had already sold me.   To me - not a cured meat expert - Lonza Cotta is like delicately spiced ham.  Just delicious.  $7 for a small piece, we had so far had three sandwiches from our piece and looks like there will be enough for a carbonara and a few sneaky cuts snuck from the fridge here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment